Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Two Surprises

Today I had dinner downtown and bought myself a cookie at the Morning Glory Bakery. I returned to campus for a few hours and decided to leave the cookie in my car to have later. When I got in my car to go home I had completely forgotten about the cookie, and so it was a very exciting surprise.

When I arrived home, the kittens (who aren't really kittens any more -- they're big and grown up) weren't at the door to meet me. The reason is that they were playing with a dead or almost dead mouse. It took me a while to get them to relinquish the it. At this point I'm pretty sure the mouse was quite dead. There was quite a bit of blood on the kitchen floor. Ug. I feel bad for the mouse. I wonder if he was friends with the pack of mice that seem to be living in my office on campus.

No comments: