Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Heading to Beijing

In around eight hours I leave for a five week trip to Beijing. As I did last year, I'll be co-directing the Complex Systems Summer School (CSSS) organized by the Santa Fe Institute, and hosted at the Institute for Theoretical Physics at the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Although I don't feel even remotely ready, I'm glad to be going. The CSSS will be very interesting and great fun.

This year has been very draining on a lot of different fronts. When I step out of the terminal into the hot, smoggy Beijing air I'll know that the year is behind me. (Tomorrow the high in Beijing is supposed to be 92 degrees and the low 87.) I've worked hard the last three days to finish up lots of 06-07COA stuff. The academic year will really be over when I venture out into Beijing about 30hours from now.

Assuming that blogger.com is no longer blocked from China, I should be able to post pretty regularly while I'm away.

No comments: