Things I'm looking forward to at home:
- My bed.
- My cats.
- Insanely strong coffee and good bread, warm with olive oil for breakfast.
- Cool weather.
- Friends and colleagues in Maine.
- Cooking yummy food while listening to loud music.
- Quiet Maine nights.
Things I will miss about Beijing:
- Good Chinese food, especially eggplant. I've never even come close to cooking eggplant so it tastes like it does in China.
- Clubs that play music that I like.
- The local coffee shop where the staff cheerfully greets me with a chorus of "good morning" no matter what time of day it is.
- Some great friends that I've made over the last two years.
- The excitement of living in a city of 16 million people.
- Eating pizza and cupcakes with chopsticks.
- The inspiration I draw from working with and being around so many smart, creative, and kind people at the summer school.
- The sense of adventure and possibility associated with almost everything here.