Saturday, November 26, 2005

Procrastination

It's the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I've got tons of grading to do, a major grant to work on, a talk to prepare for next week, and several writing projects. I've already procrastinated by doing lots of dishes, laundry, cooking, and baking bread. So I've run through the usual set of things I do to recover from the term and delay grading and other work. Thus, I figured this would be a good time to start a blog. It's certainly more interesting than all the grading I need to do.

Three more Calculus III problem sets to grade. Then I need to write narrative evaluations for both my classes. At the school I teach at, College of the Atlantic, faculty compose written evaluations for all students in their class. (Students can opt for a letter grade, as well, and most do.) The written evaluations are great; needless to say, a paragraph of prose can much more accurately reflect the work a student did over the term. However, it's a lot of work to write them.

No comments: