Sunday, November 12, 2006

Seasons

It's been an unusually busy and stressful week, so I haven't had time to post much of anything. So, just a few random observations and thoughts.

I was horrified to find Christmas music playing last night on the radio when I was driving home. Do we really need to hear "Frosty the Snowman" on November 11?

At the checkout line in the supermarket there are now "For Dummies" books in addition to People Magazine, horoscopes, word jumble books, and the like. These dummies books are smaller than the regular ones; they're about the size of Reader's Digest or TV Guide. The line I was in had multiple copies of only two titles: "The Bible for Dummies" and "Dogs for Dummies."

It's been unusually warm the last week or so. It's also been a rather rainy week. This morning I was awoken by rather loud thunderclaps. I like thunder except when it's really close, in which case it's scary. A friend and ultimate teammate of mine was killed by lightning in 1994.

Tomorrow begins the last week of the term. I am looking forward to the break.

No comments: