- The soul-crushers, also known as the NEASC review team, spent around two and a half days on campus last week. I think the visit went pretty well. The preliminary report was mostly very positive, and the areas of potential weakness were pretty much the ones that we had anticipated. I was quite impressed with the review team; they gathered a lot of information quite quickly, and seemed to be quite sharp.
- Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were quite warm. It was almost summer-like. Today, however, it felt like fall. Not cold, but a little crisp. It was sunny and breezy and beautiful. When I arrived on campus mid-afternoon there were two large V's of geese flying south flying very high above the college. Their honks sounded very cool.
- Doreen returned today from a week in Quebec. She brought back some yummy biotechnology: Quebecois beer, yogurt, bread, and cheese.
- I planted around 150 bulbs today. Hopefully they'll survive the winter and we'll have a flowery spring.
- In addition to doing a lot of work around the house, I finished a batch of Physics grading and completed a review of an NSF grant.
- It's starting to get chilly at night. Soon it will be time for the first fire of the season.
1 day ago