Thursday, January 26, 2006

Bad Floor Wax

As I mentioned a while ago, I'm currently visiting the Center for Computational Science and Engineering at UC Davis. They're located in the Mathematical Sciences Building, which is brand new. It just opened in December. I'm in a large, shared office, which is pretty nice except it doesn't have any windows.

However, the floor wax is pretty terrible. It doesn't stick to the floor. It's new linoleum, and perhaps this is the first time it's ever been waxed. As I roll in and out of my desk (which I need to do fairly often or else the lights go out), the wax flakes off in large pieces. It's not that bad, but somehow I've got it in my head that the wax looks like giant flakes of skin, which grosses me out. I probably read too much Stephen King as a child.

No comments: