Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Mechanical Contrivium: College of the Atlantic

As is too often the case, I'm blogging when I should be doing other work. In this case, I'm editing a paper that I've been in various stages of writing for three years. Yup. Three years. Anyway, I discovered The Mechanical Contrivium, a site that will automatically generate trivia about a person or a thing that you enter. It's a little bit like mad libs, but easier and a lot more fun.

I entered "college of the atlantic", and got the following:

Ten Top Trivia Tips about College of the Atlantic!

  1. The moon is 400 times closer to the Earth than College of the Atlantic, and 400 times smaller!

  2. If you lick College of the Atlantic ten times, you will consume one calorie.

  3. College of the Atlantic can usually be found in nests built in the webs of large spiders.

  4. College of the Atlantic is the smallest of Jupiter's many moons!

  5. During the reign of Peter the Great, any Russian nobleman who chose to wear College of the Atlantic had to pay a special College of the Atlantic tax!

  6. Without its lining of College of the Atlantic, your stomach would digest itself.

  7. 99 percent of the pumpkins sold in the US end up as College of the Atlantic.

  8. In a pinch, the skin from a shark can be used as College of the Atlantic!

  9. It's bad luck for a flag to touch College of the Atlantic.

  10. In Ancient Egypt, people wore glittery eyeshadow made from the crushed shells of College of the Atlantic.
I am interested in - do tell me about



Not bad. Item 9 is particularly accurate. Ok. Back to editing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I understand the controversy of flying the flag at COA. Thanks for clearing this up for me.