Saturday, October 28, 2006

Rainy Saturday

It's a rainy, windy Saturday. The weather is miserable, but I kind of like it. There is a time and a place for everything, including miserable weather. It's around 50 degrees, raining heavily, there are wind gusts up to 50 mph, and it's dark and gloomy. I slept late this morning, and spent a nice few hours listening to music while doing laundry and straightening up and doing tons of dishes. Somehow almost every pot and pan in our house was dirty. One hour or so later, everything was clean. Tonight I'll make some yummy spicy tofu for dinner, and the cycle of dishwashing will begin anew.

Monday is the beginning of week eight of our ten-week term. I'm expecting the next few weeks to be unusually busy, so I'm trying to get myself ready for this final stretch. My goal is to start the week caught up on grading, ready for all my committee meetings on Wednesday, and with a house full of clean dishes and laundry.

The wind continues to blow and it's now almost completely dark. The lights have flickered a few times, so I should end this entry. Time to head home, cook some tofu, grade some assignments, and fold some laundry.

No comments: