Thursday, December 13, 2007

Some Excellent Grad School Advice

I've been talking with lots of studnets over the last month who are applying to graduate school and I'm in the midst of several letters of recommendation. So I've found myself giving lots of grad school advice---mostly about how to get into grad school. But today I found some great advice for students who are already in graduate programs: How to get a PhD and save the world. The post is by Chris Blattman, who is an assistant professor of political science and economics at Yale.

I found this via Greg Mankiv's blog. Greg is a professor of economics at Harvard and formerly was chair of the council of economic advisors under President Bush. I probably disagree with Mankiv politically on almost every issue, but he's very smart and posts interesting stuff.

No comments: