Sunday, December 04, 2005

Seminar Preparation and Household Tasks

I'm giving a seminar in Boston this Wednesday. So I spent much of the day preparing for it. I'll be talking at the Olin College of Engineering about computational models of neighborhood segregation. I've given a few talks about this at College of the Atlantic, so I have a pretty good outline. But this is the first time I'll be talking about this material to a group off-campus, so I need to tighten up some of my arguments, and will also need to generate some slightly better data. As part of this latter task, I spent a good chunk of the day coding, which was a great change of pace from the grading and grant writing I did during the week.

I also spent a while today doing stuff around the house: two loads of laundry, filled the birdfeeders, did a bunch of dishes, took stuff to the recycling place, and picked up my co-op order from Town Hill Market. I also moved a large amount firewood from the woodpile outside into our mudroom. Nothing terribly exciting, but between the household labor and some coding, it's been a productive day. Oh -- and I also made a batch of brownies. Yay.

No comments: