Monday, September 18, 2006

The term has definitely started

There is no longer any doubt that the term has started: I've got piles of grading to do. Twenty-three Calculus assignments and ten Complex Systems assignments. This will be the situation for the next nine weeks. Now that I've started the grading ritual, it is clear that I'm in the midst of fall term.

However, as far as the weather goes, it's still surprisingly summery. This weekend was warm and clear, and I was able to go for a bike ride both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I did a load of laundry, and it dried quickly on the line. Also on Saturday I did a lot of filing and straightening in my office on campus. It was quite satisfying.

The cosmos and snapdragons in our yard continue to pump out flowers. There is still one hummingbird at our feeder, but I suspect it will head south soon.

No comments: