Monday, January 01, 2007

Day one

The first day of the new year was rainy and slushy. Perhaps not a good omen. It's disappointing that it's not snow, but given that a lot of students were traveling today, I suppose it's a good thing that the weather wasn't worse. I spent much of the day working on the materials for my computer science class. Unfortunately, in a colossal brain cramp I deleted a few of the files and had to re-write them. Also perhaps not a good omen. But maybe it's good to get dumb stuff out of the way quickly.

This is the 100th post on my blog. I suppose I should have something profound and introspective to say, but I don't feel up to it. The last year of so of blogging has been pretty good, I suppose, but it's not been quite the rejuvenating distraction that I had imagined it to be. Nevertheless, I think I'll stick with it for a while.

Time to do the last bit of preparation for the first day of class tomorrow. It will be good to see students back. The campus was far too empty the last month.

No comments: